Re: [AMC-list] FMX

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" At the swap meet last week I saw an FMX with a C6 tag on it for $100
" but it was missing the converter. (I let him know the reason it wasn't
" selling was because a C6 is integral bell/case) I think the AOD is
" closer to the M37 than the FMX. E4OD is another story (which works
" well when the computer is properly updated and mods are done to them)

according to wikipedia [and i'm pretty sure i've read it elsewhere],
the aod/4r70 may have an aluminum case but uses the fmx gears at
least.  dunno if it also uses the bands/clutches and/or front pump; it
could be a relatively clean-sheet design.

the e4od/4r100 is a c6+o/d, similar to the evo of the th400 to the
4L80 and the tf727 to the a518/47rh etc.

" From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
"
" []
"
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_AOD_transmission
" the aod evolved from the fmx, and i wonder how adaptable it'd be to
" older amcs...  though i believe it has an integral bell.  also,
" follow-on 4r70w replaced the fmx planetary with a wide-ratio set, and
" i wonder if that would retrofit, to either fmx or iron warner?