To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2010 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] LEADS: CAR FOR SALE: & PIE IN THE SKY AWARD WINNER

The underside is probably very good with no rust. That Texas sun can burn the paint off over time. I bet that car has never been repainted, the factory paint has just worn off allowing surface rust. I've seen many old western cars that way and a lot of them mush older. Still solid floors and everywhere, just rusted on the surface. A good sanding, a coat of high-build primer, more sanding, then maybe even a second coat of high-build (at least in the worst spots) and there ya go! My wagon came from Georgia and also had a lot of surface rust but was solid everywhere else (except bottom of tailgate). Original paint, never repainted. The roof was just about as bad as the hood on that Javelin, the rest wasn't quite so bad.
------------
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 11:54:43 -0500
From: Marc Montoni <Freedom@xxxxxxxx>

Not mine...  Contact buyer directly.

http://easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/1628015027.html

1968 AMC Javelin - $3900 (Edgewood TX)

The above is also today's "AMC PIE IN THE SKY" award winner.

I can see $1500.  Maybe.

Man, too bad about that deep surface rust. Any bets on what the underside looks like?

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts