Re: [AMC-list] paint job

Davis; painting is the only part of car stuff I don't do. No patience, I guess. So I rely on a shop and at this Maaco I have had $150 jobs done, just to sell the car (non AMCs, of course) up to a long term job such as my Nash. When they painted my American, I had them redo the job and yes three years later I treated her to a better job at the same shop.
You get what you pay for. On the cheap $150 job I wasn't expecting much, just curb appeal. And that is what I got.
The Hudson collector I mentioned, with his cars there, expects more than curb appeal and he is willing to wait a while for it to be done.
My AMX was painted there and it took longer than most because I told them I wanted a ice job. When I sold it years later (man I miss that car!) the car still looked nice. As with any paint job, a proper wet sand finishes the job.
And it's too bad that they soured you on any shop. If you brought it in with the expressed desires before the job, and they delivered less than that, then a pox on them. If they delivered less than agreed upon and you took it anyways, well......
But judging from the posts I read from you I think the screw up is in their court. I'm just sayin if the job is truly not what was agree upon, then don't accept it and talk to the guy in charge to make it right.....Russ