Re: [AMC-list] paint job

Yeah, it's all in the prep! Our 72 Hornet is at Earl Sheib now. They have
different price levels, which they will bluntly tell you more money gets you
more prep. For $1000 you get "lifetime guarentee", against peeling,
chipping, crazing, fading, etc.

The Hornet has been there two weeks and will be there one more. They're
sanding it down to metal, because there is so much crap paint on it. $1200.
Been sanding for two weeks.

Frank's right, people cycle through and when there's a good crew (often
following a good manager) then the work is fine. Unhappy shop, crap work. We
got a recommend 'has a good body man' for a shop 30 miles from us; there's
one only 5 miles, but we opted for the drive for the good workers.

We'll see how it comes out though! Big Bad Green with an SC/360 stripe.
258ci and Torqueflite, with AMC Rallye wheels. Interior will be mostly
black.