[AMC-list] 360 pistons

I know a lot of you are looking for cheap alternatives for 360s but one thing to keep in mind is to build the low end torque most are looking for out of a 360, you need higher cylinder pressure.  The cheaper style cast or even hypereutectic pistons (hypereutectic pistons are just a cast piston with a higher silicone content) are them vulnerable to breaking under these conditions.  Now if are looking for a low compression pistons and a cam that has doesn't create a of  pressure, you are ok but you are also not going to get a lot of power out of it either.  There are pistons out there for most of the AMC Gen II and III engines in both cast and forged.  Not sure why there is a such a big fuss for a piston that is only slightly better than a stock cast piston.  I am not saying we shouldn't try to get these, just that I don't see the huge need.  There are already a few brands of cast pistons for the 360.  I make forged pistons for
 them so really both performance areas are fairly well covered.

I have seen enough broken pistons in my time so if you are building something that you want to last, don't cut corners in places that can cause big problems unless you know for sure your engine will not need a stronger piston.  One bad tank of gas, timing or fuel mixture not right, engine running hot one day and your rebuilt engine just cost you twice as much as it should have.

If I can get 7 orders together in any size, I will offer a 12% discount off my forged pistons to the people who get in on it.  This can be any combination of 360, 390, 401, 343.....any overbore.  That makes these $699 for a 2618 forged piston (stronger forging than most) with my custom dish for the best flame travel and quench that offers better torque and hp on pump gas, wide rim for added strength, double spiral locks, 4130 pins (most offer cheaper grade pins), accumulator groove between first and second ring land, deep valve pockets, already pin fit with forced pin oilers.  A piston of this quality would cost around $1000-1100 if you had them made.  My normal price is $795 for a set.  I need to get a minimum of 7 orders to offer these at $699.

Nick,
Alfano Performance
4849-76 st.
Kenosha, WI. 53142
262-308-1302
262-942-8271 after 6pm central and weekends