[AMC-list] SCORE!!!

so, i went and picked up that nos 196 head today. 1st supprise, found the 6th
exhaust valve under the intake trough. 2nd supprise, i actually LOOKED at the
head, and was blown away. tom, this head wouldnt have worked for you. perfect
for me, as i have an aluminum block here im working on rebuilding, and the
head on it probably needs atleast $1000 worth of work on it. yup, you guessed
it. its an aluminum head. i have 2 spare c.i. heads on the shelf, so an extra
never hurts. but NOW, i got a good head for my aluminum block. maybe some day
i will get the factory head cleaned up and all and have it ready if the need
were to arise. guy said he thought he had intake valves, springs ect to
finish off the head, he has to look. also, sitting pretty handy, a set of TRW
std pistons with pins. another $50 put them in my trunk. and he also had a
great looking insturment cluster that showed only 4300 miles on it, that is
not faded, and rust pits like rosies does. he tossed that in for free. the
guy was GREAT to deal with and visit with and all. i forget his last name,
first name is rob. has stuff on feebay all the time and is out of "Eagle,
Idaho". i reccomed him. he said he has tons of parts still. _______________________________________________