Re: [AMC-list] AMC factory engine balance

Re: [AMC-list] AMC factory engine balance

I have a factory new short block 348 V8 which has A B C and D on the piston tops in ink marker.   A assume these are weight ranges, but the pistons are not paired or "matched" across from each other on the block with the same markings.   The short block did not come come with a balancer.  I can flip the engine over on the stand tonight and look for balance marks (drilled spots on the counterthrows) on the crank.

Joe Fulton