[AMC-list] Cam specs

I scanned through a few of the posts on cam specs and such.  Was it ever said which engine, car, stick or auto, gear ratio etc went along with this discussion?  Making a general rpm range or power use across the board is impossible.  There are so many factors involved when deciding on the right cam that you can just say, here is the lift and duration of the cam I have that is rated at x but it doesn't perform well.

Thanks,

Nick
 Alfano Performance
4849-76 st.
Kenosha, WI. 53142
262-308-1302
262-942-8271 after 6pm central and weekends