To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 8:09 PM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Non stepper motor 1982 258

82 Concord should have the stepper motor on carburetor. If someone has taken that carb off and replaced it with a non-stepper there should likely be the wiring for the stepper still hanging around the harness between the carb and the
firewall.

Ken

Quoting Ian Coleman <ianc_97@xxxxxxxxx>:

Howdy y'all
I was just looking at my 82 AMC today I don't have a stepper motor or the
computer whatshamicallit setup. the purple wire goes directly to the
distributor on my car. must be rare on the concords, But it runds fine even when I put it in gear but it stalls out as soon as I hit the gas even when
it's warmed up. as werll it's backfired through the carburetor twice.