Re: [AMC-list] Fwd: Piston Ring Breakin Regimine

Re: [AMC-list] Fwd: Piston Ring Breakin Regimine

I have some experience with Lycoming aircraft engines and he captures the "spirit" of the breakin but the facts are that you start it, let it idle a minimum of time and head for the runway doing a runup (check for mag drop on each mag) check the gauges and take off and fly it for at least a half hour as near full power as possible (don't exceed redline on the tach).  Then land and check for leaks.

Joe Fulton