Re: [AMC-list] 232 in an early American

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 20:17, Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I disagree on the motor mounts, or rather easier to put the 232 in than a
> Q4 or 2300 Ford, but not going to argue the point. What I'd do with a 232 is
> make an engine plate for the front and mount it to the tops of the side
> rails.

I don't have any argument for you on mounts;  I'm not in love with the idea
or anything. I do agree that simulating the front block mount would be good.
There's a lot of "junk" on the inner fenders right where the mounts want to
be anyways.

The 4.0L pump should fit, but the bolt sizes were changed around 74 due to
> different accessory mounts.

Mark's idea of the external/remote pump I think is best. Screw it, it's even
flatter and less farting around. A custom radiator with fan and controller,
and an electric water pump, mount the engine and mostly that's it.