Re: [AMC-list] all's quiet on the western front

Re: [AMC-list] all's quiet on the western front

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
" I am planning a 2LT diesel and AW4 or AX-15 in an '86 Comanche that
" currently has a 2.8L but it has to wait till I get rid of at least 3
" of my other projects/parts cars.

i'll be very interested to follow your progress on this!  how are you
planning to adapt the engine to the tranny?

because of all the possible internal variations, i'd keep the diesel's
a340 and use the aw4's t/c adapter and output.  i don't know if this
requires tranny disassembly or if these have a stub output shaft.

the toy r150 has the same ratios as the ax15, so there i'd try an
input swap.  i've heard the design evolved and that matching years is
important.

you probably know already - later 2lt -- '2lt-ii' -- have a better
head.  i've also heard that the turbo is toyota's first in-house and
that it's failure-prone and performs poorly, but there are [or were]
kits to replace it with a 'real' one.  bonus: more boost too.