Re: [AMC-list] AMC-list Digest, Vol 10, Issue 42

Re: [AMC-list] AMC-list Digest, Vol 10, Issue 42

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 15:50, Andy&Tonja&Phoebe&Miles
<raysinvegas@xxxxxxx>wrote:

> Have you thought about, or tried, the copper spray on adhesive that is
> meant for head gaskets?
>
> Yeah, I think that's what I used last time, copper permatex. I figured
though that it's a good idea to see what's new out there, things do improve
with time, at least major technologies do :-)

I don't want to go off the deep end on this. Leaking heads is what kills all
these motors in the end, but usually it's way end-of-life, after overhaul(s)
and who knows what maintenance. All I've ever seen is rust spray, water-only
coolant, water+oil, etc, all signs of abuse and neglect.

I mean, Nash then AMC ran these things for decades, they worked. It's hard
to believe good flat surfaces, good bolts or studs, and good sealant won't
do the job.