Re: [AMC-list] 63 american left 1/4

Dave, being from the land of rust.
If you can get that mess cleaned out, all the gooey stuff gone.
Get the panel aligned so it looks good on the outside and such.
Next, I would blast all the brazed seams to remove rust and any old fillers.
Once cleaned out I would use Duraglas or allmetal filler. applied thin and sanded as you go, you can maybe blend that into a representable seam.
  Trying to mig on top of or around brazing will probably just make a mess of things.
If the metal has some overlap and the braze is solid, it will hold forever. just need to be sure the flux is GONE. seal the backside too!
  I did the passenger side of my American with braze, 10+ years ago, 5 different pieces of metal make up that 1/4.
It has a heavy layer of duraglas on it top coated with a lightweight USC plastic filler. Still looks as good as the day I did it (for whatever that is worth)

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.