Re: [AMC-list] 700r4

" From: "jimlovelace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jimlovelace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" will a 700r4 from a 2.8 s-10 bolt up in an eagle with a 4.2?
" _______________________________________________
"
"
"
"
" From: Greg Taylor <amundaza@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" No, the 2.8 V6 has the 60-degree GM bell pattern, while the 4.2 has the AMC V8/I6 pattern.

that's right, but the 700r4 from a sbc will go, with an advance
adapter.  that's intended to use gm th400s replace jeep ones, but it
suits to adapt any sbc-pattern tranny.  harrel has one in a 4.0
powered pacer.

you could use a 42re from a 4.0 grand cherokee, but it needs
electronics and is considered a problem child.

you could also use an aw4 from a cherokee.  it's also electronic, but
up to '95 had a standalone tcm, and it's a very efficient and robust
tranny.