[AMC-list] Re Anyone know this car or seller

[AMC-list] Re Anyone know this car or seller

Jay,

First off, no one was running their so called mouth to "malign" anyone on the list.  In fact I find it disturbing that you would use such an adjective to describe my inquiry.

I was looking for a non bias person who might have seen this car to comment before I contacted owner to whom I didn't know.  If someone had told me it was worth talking to you about, I would have pursued that route.  I have found some eBayers to react just the way you did when you question their description.  There is rust or what appears to be rust on 2 of the three body photos you have in the auction.  Look at the one of the rear valance area.  There is rust across the entire section.  There also appears to be rust soaking through the primer around the passenger headlight bucket area in the front view of the car as well as in the front lower core support.  There are no pictures of the sides, quarters or jams so I don't know there.  The one picture of the drivers floor pan appears to also has rust across the entire floor and the inner rocker.  Now this all might be surface rust from sitting for so long without being painted and look worse
 in the pictures than it is but it is there and your description does say and I quote "All that remains is final sanding and paint".  Primer that has been on a car for 10 years is not ready to be final sanded and then painted.  It needs to be stripped.  A car that has been sitting in primer this long soaked up anything and everything floating in the air and will contaminate the top coat if not completely removed and redone.  Moisture will soak through to the metal as well as oils and other foreign material not suitable for being painted over.   If painted over, there is without a doubt going to be issues with the paint and money just thrown out the window.  Ask your professional body man and he will tell you that.  So before I contacted a seller who might get all up in arms about my questions, I thought I would look to a list member who was not the owner that could tell me about the state of the car.

And by the way, I have been on the list since the time is was first deployed to the Internet back in the early to mid 90s by Jim Stone and when there were upwards of 1500 members and not sure I have ever even heard of you.  I have lived AMC since I was a kid in the mid 60s and I own an AMC business producing new products to ensure people like you have parts for your cars.  I currently own 7 AMC cars of my own and over the years, probably well over 100 so I am not some jack off screwing with people who are selling things just to get my kicks.

Anyway, thanks for the response.  I hope the car goes to a good home that will bring it back to glory.

Nick

Alfano Performance
4849-76 st.
Kenosha, WI. 53142
262-308-1302
262-942-8271 after 6pm central and weekends

Message: 5