Re: [AMC-list] FW: MAD & SENDING THIS TO EVERYONE *it's a hoax

Re: [AMC-list] FW: MAD & SENDING THIS TO EVERYONE *it's a hoax

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 09:38, Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> Hey folks, before you hit send to everyone with stuff like this, best to
> first check it out on www.snopes.com or www.urbanlegends.com first! This
> is a old one and not true

Amen to that Eddie!

And please (not to Eddie) EDIT YOUR POSTS!!!! 5,000,000,000,000 lines of
email addresses and lines beginning with ">>" and all that show that you
simply didn't read over what you sent.

In fact, many mail readers now (like Gmail) actually DO NOT DISPLAY message
text that starts with >>> etc lines. It replaces the entire block of text
with the single line "(quoted text follows)". Unless I click on that also I
don't see the lines (as in this case). This feature is specifically because
of "forward this!" type email.

People complain that no one sends letters any more, but that's not true.
Today it's called email, and it deserves as much editing and thought as any
letter would.

I'm not angry at Joe, it's easy to read something carefully calculated to
P*** YOU OFF!!! and get caught in the moment. I forwarded stuff like that
before I had the internet experience to smell a rat in my inbox. (Now I
don't believe anything I read :-) My rule of thumb is, anything I write
that's angry I leave as a DRAFT until the next day. If I still want to send
it then, I look it over and send.

Usually I don't, but it sure was satisfying to write :-) And often, writing
an angry reply, sent or not, clarifies your own thoughts on the matter.