Re: [AMC-list] scrambler fuel gage problem

As Joe already pointed out -- the regulator is in the fuel gauge. AMC started using the gauge/regulator combo in 1967 Americans and continued using it in the 01 and 40 series (01=American/Hornet/Concord, 40=Gremlin/Spirit) through the end. Of course Eagles used them too. All other cars had a separate regulator.
-------------
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 21:30:19 +0000
From: elane elias <shel_elias@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Guys:  Thanks for the input on my Rambler Scrambler gage problem.I think I didn't make one fact clear enough. Most amc's have the gage voltage regulator ont the back of the gage or gage panel. According to the shop manuel the gage voltage regulator is integrated into the fuel gage sending unit,which is inside the gas tank. If I'm wrong about this please let me know. This is  what my brother-in-law told  as he is the guy working on the car, and has my amc shop manual.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts