Re: [AMC-list] Nash Truck

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 19:33, William 'Chip' Lamb <chip@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here's a real Nash truck.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1947-Nash-Truck_W0QQitemZ180448757662

Nice!! All I need is a dozen spare kilobucks, a garage, transport and
parallel lifetime to handle the new projects :-)

Seriously, that's a nice truck. It's funny how today, no one can even THINK
about a truck without the largest possible engine. This thing's got less HP
than my AMerican (umm slightly lower gear set I think).

Not that this has even one inkling of practical meaning, but I wonder how
interchangable all those Nash sixes are? Could I stroke a 195.6 with the 250
ci six crank and rods? Nash engines have a sort of unprecedented
conservatism that might make it actually possible.

All I need is a big pile of extremely rare Nash parts...