Re: [AMC-list] Nash Truck

I've had my eye on a fifties Studebaker "tow" truck for years. It's painted
yellow and been converted to GM power back in the 60's or 70's. Last time I
saw it, it was still in pretty good shape. That was about 6 years ago. Since
then the owner has told me that a tree fell on it and pushed in the roof.
It's bigger than a pickup, more like a 2-1/2 ton truck or something. I
drooled over that truck more than once. Wish I had a place to keep it while
I could work on it. It would make an awesome tow vehicle or put a car
carrier on the chassis and haul my future Penske/Donohue # 6 clone 70
Javelin TA car. Of course it would have to have either a 360 or 401 AMC
engine and a, like Dave S mentioned, Dodge 6 speed truck transmission. It
already has the heavy duty axles (don't know what kind they'd be but I'm
thinking they are original to the truck). I wonder how hard it is to convert
those axles to truck disc brakes??

Armand