Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:57:54 -0500
From: ksiroonian@xxxxxxx
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AMC-list] 71 Matador- steve Green auction cars.

 I attended the Steve Green Auction and just found my listing of all the cars
that were sold and the pricing that I logged.
 I went because I was particularly interested in the low miles 74 Javelin
pricing to get an idea of what a similar car with low mileage might be worth. It
went for $33,500 plus fees. I thought , and was hoping it would have brought
40+.

Anyway, the 71 Matador sold for $6250.  Bear in mind that the buyers  have to
pay a $100 fee just to enter the auction, and there was also a buyer's and
Sellers premium on the sale of the car, on top of the selling price .I think it
was 5% each but am not positive. There were some good buys there but I didn't
register, I really felt it was insulting to hold an auction, charge  a buyer and
seller 5% premium AND charge someone a fee just to be entitled to bid, but
that's me. Just didn't want to waste a hundred bucks. I am sure there might have
been others there that might have bid on cars to buy, but didn't want to spend
the registration fee,.and IMHO, the more buyers that are at an auction and might
bid, being caught up in the moment,  would have bid up the pricing and more
money might have been  raised on the AMC cars that had slow bid starts or were
priced below their worth- I know that I might have done that. Guess It is good I
didn't, though. no more room to house any more
 .  I guess I have enough. My family would not have welcomed me back home if I
had brought home another child to garage and feed. LOL. The Auction house made
good money on this deal, earning 10% and the fees. I guess I have heard that
some or many of the cars were bought by non AMC collectors but used car dealers
just trying to make a buck and churn them. I wondered if many in the AMC groups
bought some. I did see that 74 Javelin advertised for sale a few months later
by another auction house. Any idea what it went for there.

Also for what its worth, prior to the AMC auction there was an auction of other
make classic and muscle cars and many of those had reserves that were not met
and not sold. From people I talked to, the, pricing was way down on most
vehicles, due to lack of demand, lack of money due to the economy. There was a
gorgeous 57 I think Ford convertible Skyliner  that did not reach its bid.,
amongst many others. The were auctions of other cars after the AMC auction on
Saturday and then also on Sunday if I recall, though I left for home on Sunday
morning.
regards and happy holidays to all.
AMC Ken/Boston

    4. Re: One of the nicer Steve Green Collection cars (Garry Nordstrom)