To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 10:36 PM
Subject: [AMC-list] 360 Pistons

I am attending the PRI (Performance Racing Industry) show in Orlando. I have spoken with a Technical rep from United Engine (Makers of Silvolite and Keith Black brand pistons) about the possibility of having some Hyperutectic pistons made for the 360 AMC motor. I explained to him the problem of there being only std cast and custom forged pistons with nothing in between. Although Hyperutectic pistons are still cast, they are made from a different type of Aluminum which is much harder than the standard casting. This makes them MUCH more resistant to scuffing and able to stand higher compression than the standard casting. They are an excellent choice for any motor which will be lightly modified and used below 6000 RPM. I suggested that since Silvolite currently makes std cast 360 pistons they might consider makeing some Hyperutectic ones from the same mold. These would be 9-1 pistons fur use in HD street and limited high performance use with a price "around" $35 each. He seemed open to the idea but asked if I had any idea what the market might be for them. So I'm asking that anyone reading this list who might have an idea of how much interest there would be for such an item contact me so i can get back to him with some numbers. If you have been complaining about the lack of speed parts for the 360 here's your chance to help out!!!
THANX!
Bruce Hevner