Re: [AMC-list] Parts or part numbers needed

Re: [AMC-list] Parts or part numbers needed

I was a bit puzzled why you didn't just go to a parts store for the tie rod
ends, so I thought I'd look on RockAuto... eep!

As far as I know, for the early "big" cars (63-up classic, ambo) and later
"small" cars (hornets, gremlins, etc) there were only two sets of suspension
parts, more or less. Only two lower ball joints, and two tie rod ends -- big
and small taper. I forget which is which. I'm sure there are exceptions but
very many of them are the same or directly interchangable.

Anyways, RockAuto has NONE of the early rod ends, and few (5) of the later
rod ends. The end is coming! The end is coming! I've been beginning to
stockpile replacements, and I'm going to increase this. Wear hard parts and
rubber, same as always.

I really like rockauto for their information. Photos, quantities on hand,
closeouts, often dimensions, and easy comparisons. ALso parts application
look up.

(THe sleeves are available new still.)