Re: [AMC-list] A sad day

" From: Nick ALFANO <71amx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Yes, it is sad.  Pontiac helped shape the muscle car era.  Not sure
" where we would be without cars like the GTO.  They had a lot of cool
" cars.  Some I have been proud to own.

indeed.  they didn't make the first muscle car but they certainly
broke the mkt wide open.  and they made the ohc 6, though it had a
short life.

" Pontiac seemed to always make things a little nicer than Chevy.

that was their niche, a step up from chevy.

" Since they are having trouble selling it and their CEO was just let
" go, who knows what might happen in the future.
" I always considered GMC the truck line for Pontiac and they are still around.

gmc used to be gm's arm for heavy trucks.  they rebadged the chevies
so the dealers would have something little to sell.  [more recently
those chevies were rebadged across the line, from poncho to caddy.
they're still chevies as far as i'm concerned.]

gmc was the truck line for all of gm, excepting chevy.