My only complaint with the Espo springs are the bands. Mine rusted off after a couple of years and the ride went to pot. I had a local spring shop make up a new set of clamps (I think it was $10 for the bands) and the problem is fixed. I don't think my springs settled much but after 12 or so years, they are holding up fine so far. Someone asked my about them once and I put together this page with pictures: http://www.mattsoldcars.com/springclips.shtml.

For my wagon, I bought the replacements from Eaton Detroit Spring. Those are spendy (about $630 for springs and U bolts) but are made much better than the ones from Espo. I haven't installed them yet but I have yet to hear a complaint about them.

Matt

On 11/29/2009 7:19 PM, Joe Fulton spouted this sage advice:
The car sits quite a bit higher, actually level front to rear and I like it.   I don't have the bumpers on yet, but can give you height to the lower valance in a few minutes.  I do expect the car to settle some though.

Joe Fulton

--- On Sun, 11/29/09, Wrambler <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Wrambler <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Big Nut Wrenches and Springs
To: "Rambler AMC, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 4:08 PM
I know Matt had the same issue with
those elcheapo spring clamps.
He got a set of GOOD ones from a local spring shop.

Tom should set up a rental on those wrenches :)
Still like to get the measurements to the frame rail once
things settle down.
Now that I think about it, I assume rear bumper height
might be close enough, though that adds in factors like
front ride hide.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5