[AMC-list] Big Nut Wrenches and Springs

I'm installing the ESPO leaf springs I got recently for my 65 American.  There are no torque specs in the TSM for U-bolts or the shackle botls so I looked in the 1970 TSM and am using those specs.  The ESPO springs are not made as well as the factory springs. Among other things the clamps are cheap steel banding and there are no rubber tabs protruding through spring plates to hold the insulators in place.  Furthermore the second spring in the pack is only about 3/4 of the length of the factory plate.  I haven't let the car down off of the lift yet so I don't know how it will sit, but I did request 1 inch of additional curve in the springs and it seems to be there when the springs are unloaded.

>From what I can see, it looks like my rear tranny seal (T35) is leaking pretty bad so I'll probably have to replace it.

TOM J where did you buy your "big nut" wrenches.  I think I'll drop the driveshaft via the TSM method since I don't want to mess with the spring bolts any more.  I needed to be able to move the car this weekend or I might have combined the driveshaft drop with the spring replacement but things don't always work out the easiest way for me.  Murphy keeps tapping me on the shoulder and reminding me of little corollaries to his basic law.

Joe Fulton