Re: [AMC-list] best automatic behind

CRAP!!! i forgot about the different flexplate/pilot bushing for the 71 304's.
i beleive thats what mine is. i was hoping to be able to fit some cj over the
rail headers in rosie. i dont plan to race it hard if i do race it any.
probably hardly ever. does anyone make a pilot bushing and flexplate to work
with the later tf trans? whats the gearing difference of the tf trans, and
the aw4, (i think that was the late model trans mentioned) it is not
electronicaly controled is it? i want to stay AWAY from electronics. hate
them.

as for casper, if i am able to get this 401, i want it fairly stock. an
edelbrock intake/carb, high flow exh mans, and dual pipes. i think a wc t5
will be ok behind it just for street driving. i already have a bellhousing
for a t5 to go on the amc motors.
as for turning into more hotrodder than rambler guy? i have always had fun
hotrodding things. if i got or can get real easily the stuff, why not?? i
want to make my cars a little more modern drivetrains, but all oldschool
otherwise. im just tired of this old 196 stuff so hard to get parts for, and
spendy. dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules