Re: [AMC-list] Wheel Choices

" From: Marc Montoni <Freedom@xxxxxxxx>
"
" Does anyone know if there is any reason why Jeep 4.5" bolt circle wheels (such as a set from a Jeep Compass) couldn't be used on AMC passenger cars?

backspacing.  all those jeeps use fwd-style deep backspacing wheels,
because of the front axle steering/drive geometry.

the eagle uses the same deep backspacing wheels, but no other amc.  i
think that unless you use massive spacers you stand to encounter lots
of suspension interference.  i know they wouldn't work on my american.