Re: [AMC-list] Tripowered AMC 6 (was Re: AMC-list Digest, Vol 8, Issue 2

Re: [AMC-list] Tripowered AMC 6 (was Re: AMC-list Digest, Vol 8, Issue 22)

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 14:31, <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Efi all the way.
> Frees up time to work on other stuff.

Yeah I agree 100%. Between the Howell "jeep" 258ci chip and my 232ci chip
you'd be so close you'd be able to skip tuning for any AMC six app. Tuning
would get you more.

I'm STILL working on the 195.6ohv TBI system. The hangup has been the
throttle body. The guy makign the adapter can't eliminate this nasty sharp
step inside and I'm reluctant to use it (fits an Iron Duke 1bbl).

But! I just yesterday figured out (someone on the diy-efi list suggested)
that a Ford Tempo 1987 etc 1bbl throttle body is *side draft*. If it doesn't
sit flat on the intake plate (which makes the throttle shaft align with the
linkage!)  a simple 45 degree adapter will do it. Meant to go to the 'yard
today to hunt but I have a mild sore throat and I'm not screwing around with
getting ill.

Once I get a T.B. that fits I'll fit it all to the head and make up a wiring
harness. I've got the computer all hacked for chipping, have a fuel pump
already. I guess I should start plumbing fuel lines now.