Re: [AMC-list] fwd: [xjlist] Chrysler parts and engines...

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 07:35, Sandwich Maker <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "
> http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=304EB76BEA1D978ADE5F47A4FE2F5978?id=9219&mid=1
>
> the relevant section:
>
> Mopar will also introduce a new 4.7-liter I-6 Stroker long block, a
> powerful upgrade for the 4.0-liter I-6 made famous in Jeep vehicles
> built from 1991-2006. Because off-road enthusiasts appreciated the
> dependability and performance of the previous 4.0-liter engine, Mopar
> developed a more powerful engine that delivers an expected 265 hp and
> 290 lb.-ft of torque. The engine will fit in any Jeep vehicle
> previously equipped with the 4.0-liter I-6 engine.

OK, that's pretty freaky good. So I assume the engine- and
chassis-management computer crap will be sortable? If I were to stick this
hypothetical motor in our 72 hornet, would I have to own one of those awful
plastic TV (car) remote controls to start the car?! Pretty funny.

A 2010 motor that will bolt onto an AMC bell? Wow...