Re: [AMC-list] amc eagle vented gas caps

Re: [AMC-list] amc eagle vented gas caps

Your Eagle gas cap is already vented but it is vented to vacuum and not pressure.  In other words if there's a vacuum in the tank (or the vapor recovery system if still you had one) the gas cap would allow air to enter the system to relieve the vacuum.  In your case, I'm just guessing that you may have plugged the vapor recovery system lines when you removed the cannister etc. and that is allowing pressure to build in your system.

Obviously the smog test station does not test the vapor recovery system in the Houston area since the car passes smog Eddie.  Here in California they do check for that we have to make sure the the vapor recovery system is intact and that none of the lines leaks vapors.  God knows we wouldn't want Nancy Pelosi to smell gas fumes.

Joe Fulton