Re: [AMC-list] Valve Guide Seals

I had an 85 Sentra with bad seals. Smoked exactly as you say - on start up and
when pulling away from a light.

One would have suspected intake seals as they are the ones under vacuum but
changing them didn't help. The exhaust seals, which probably run hotter, were no
longer working right. Runs great now.

Ken