Re: [AMC-list] calponycar adapter to replace the T-96 with T-5...

I replaced the motor mounts in one car, then side-stepped the clutch by accident and the trans mount tore, leaving me with a full throttle, clutch that wouldn't release and dash mounted ignition switch that slipped when I went to turn it off! Did I mention in front of a cop? He wondered what the hell I was on to act that way in front of him. Finally managed enough leg power to stall the motor (full throttle = zero power brake vacuum)

From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] calponycar adapter to replace the T-96 with
	T-5...

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 16:20, Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Any cable pedal will work.

I truly hate cable pedals. I know it sounds weird, but they don't feel
right. AMCs were as cheap as they get, crunchy, and springs are too stiff. I
intensely dislike the pedal hanging down, flopping around. To me, it's a
major component of the 'feel' of a car. I like the 60's rod linkages. I know
the stories about bad motor mounts, but I never let mine get bad.  The early
60's cars with a rod linkage in good shape, and a floor mounted pedal is
great.