Re: [AMC-list] T-96 in Fairlane 289?? (T-86!!)

Re: [AMC-list] T-96 in Fairlane 289?? (T-86!!)

Side LOADER or side SHIFTED?  I suspect you mean side shifted, not that the
guts come out sideways.

I'm reasonably certain that the "small" trans behind 60's Ford six passenger
cars (falcon, mustang) is a T-96. Top cover, shift levers out the side. I
know (as Frank has been saying) that the bellhousing end of the little ford
trans is identical to the AMC T-96 except for the lower two mounting holes.

PS: The T-96 is about the size of an 80's/90's GM 3-wire/1-wire alternator,
the one we all stick in today. It's REALLY small.