[AMC-list] Concord again, still...

Hey Gang,

Many of you at NAMDRA Nationals know the story.  I have replaced EVERYTHING, distributor pick up, control box, tune up (twice) rebuilt carb, retired carberator Bill guy checked and adjusted carb, my racing buddy tuned it up to the max, really everything.

Well, our 6 hour to Cordova was 8 there and 11 back.  On the way back we stopped at AutoZone and purchased another coil, distributor cap and rotor, still sputtering at 45-65mph.  Feeling like fuel issue.  Also replaced fuel pump before leaving.  This had been going on for 5 tanks of gas before the trip.  However, 1/3 tank down I did stop and added 2 STP gas treatments and topped off with premium gas.  Always use Speedway (for years).  That did it, made it the rest of the way home S M O O T H.

After a few days home I removed the new coil and hooked up the previous mounted one, well, it would not start.  Then I realized that this is the 2nd coil this year.  So there must be a resistor or something someplace affecting that?

Then on the x-way it is running smooth until there is any slight incline and it starts to sputter again.  Level or downhill, smooth.  Tongiht on the way home it sputtered a LOT.

Wondering IF the carb is done for?  Does anyone know the CFM of the Carter 2bbl and how much trouble would a 1bbl be to replace it, too small?  Or maybe just take another carb to Carberator BIll and let him do a comlete rebuild.  Any thoughts, my faithful and knowledgable, experienced friends?

P.S. Anyone want to send me a pic of their car and I will send you a Calendar.

Blessings,
Richard
Richard Estermyer

God determines who walks into your life....
it's up to you to decide
     who you let walk away,
          who you let stay, and
               who you refuse to let go.