Re: [AMC-list] My upgrades/conversions

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" The T-89 and T-10 have the same bolt pattern.

good to know!  i always suspected it...

" I'm not sure about the T-86, it probably does too.

i'm pretty sure it has the almost-square pattern of the t15 and jeep
t14, same top 2 bolts as t89/t10, same long 1 1/8 x 10 spline input.

" The six cylinder torque tube coupler -- where it bolts to the
" transmission -- is the same.

woohoo!

" The splines, u-joint size, and shaft type are different.

shazbat.

" I don't know if for sure, but I believe the T-86 six cylinder cars
" received a V-8 torque tube and axle as well.

makes sense.  if you're going for hd...

" ------------
" Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 22:25:10 -0400 (EDT)
" From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
"
" " From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>
" "
" " Keep in mind this is a torque tube car.
"
" he's got to change it all if he goes to a v8, and i believe both the
" 287's t86 and the 327's t89 bolt to a '67-'74 v8 bell,
"
" but is the 6 torque tube coupler actually a different size or
" location?  wasn't the t86 a [rare] hd option with the 196?
"
" on the auto side, both the 2bbl 290/304 aluminum m40 and the iron
" m11/m12 from bigger v8s '67-'71 will likewise bolt to the 4.0, with
" flexplate balance weights removed.  i'm just -assuming- the m40 will
" take the m35's torque tube adapter, but for sure the iron warners will
" take an iron warner tt adapter.  heck, didn't 327s also run the m11?
" come to think of it, weren't 287s running the m40 by '66?