[AMC-list] Possible 68 TSM Error... need someone to verify!

[AMC-list] Possible 68 TSM Error... need someone to verify!

I bet Marc Montoni can answer this without blinking, him being our resident late 60s Ambassador expert...

The 1968 Rebel and Ambassador have the same dash gauge cluster, correct? The 68 TSM instrument panel section only shows American, Javelin/AMX, and Rebel dash panels, no mention of Ambassador in the illustrations. That's an error, I think, but minor. I'm pretty sure the Rebel panel should be labeled "and Ambassador", but there's a good chance I'm wrong. The 69 TSM shows the Ambo panel and it has two round instruments similar to the Javelin -- the 68 may be the same way. 69 also says "Rebel similar", meaning the rectangular instrument panel went away after 68 in the Rebel??

In the electrical section, page 4-30, the instrument clusters are mislabeled. The top one is correctly labeled "American", the center correctly labeled "Rebel", but the bottom one is labeled "Javelin and Ambassador". So either I'm wrong about the error in the first paragraph and the Rebel and Ambassador instrument panels are indeed different, or the clusters on page 4-30 are mislabeled. I've a suspicion that the labeling is correct and my assumption that the Rebel and Ambassador instrument panels are similar is indeed wrong.

Just one of those annoying little details I sometimes get hung up on...

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts