Re: [AMC-list] DuraSpark working BUT.

Note that this only applies to the stock AMC Motorola alternator. If you've swapped it for a GM unit, which is common, something's wrong. If you still have the regulater on an inner fender panel you have the Motorola alternator.
-------
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 20:38:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)

" From: "Thomas Garner" <Tgarner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"  Well, it was dark, I started it and I noticed my alternator light
" was BARELY on. It was a very light glow. I don't think it was on
" before. It MAY have been on before, but I don't think so. It's also
" NOT fully on, it's just a light glow.

this may be the well known amc glowing alt light syndrome.  the bulb
resistance was actually part of the ckt, and it's vy difficult to find
the original bulb now.  if you sub a modern [brighter] bulb, you get
the glow.

the -alt- still works properly.

--
Frank Swygert