From: "Thomas Garner" <Tgarner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:03:02
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Ebay intake/exhaust

Is the riser the only reason it wouldn't work? If so, couldn't I just grind off the riser and weld a plate over it?

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:53:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

" From: "Thomas Garner" <Tgarner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Ok, last question on this ebay item number 170383306216.
"
" I let the other auction go, so I was think that I could get this
" intake and use my exhaust manifold. (My manifold is from a 64 engine)
" Any reason why I couldn't or shouldn't do that?

won't work.  '64-'79 intakes bolt to the exhaust and use a heat riser
to help vaporize the mixture; '80s intakes are separate.  that's why
the water passage and the electric heater underneath the carb.

you could use a late-'70s 2bbl intake with your exhaust, but you need
both the '80s intake and exhaust together.

FREE SATELLITE DISH AND INSTALL!!
http://www.bestofdishnetwork.com/