Re: [AMC-list] Door panels and Crapets.....

Re: [AMC-list] Door panels and Crapets.....

It doesn't get hot enough inside the doors to create any kind of odor from the roofing felt. I used that when I was in the Idaho desert in my 63 American and never had any issues at all. It's not like it's directly exposed to the sun as it would be on a roof. Temps there get into the 100 easy, plus it's very hot in an attic under the paper. Inside a car door is well ventilated (on the "back" side) and no direct sun because of the big air space in the door and the insulation provided by the door panel. ---------- Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 19:06:54 -0700 (PDT) From: Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
> 1. Masonite board. You may have a
> hard time finding it in anything but pegboard, but that's
> fine since it will be covered. Either use plastic or plain
> old roofing felt ("tar paper") between door and panel. Home
> Depot used to sell "door skins" that are 1/8" luan plywood
> -- those will work well also. Masonite is what the originals
> were, or something very similar.

Yes, Masonite board would work but I hate using substitutes when the real stuff is available somewhere.  As for roofing felt, that would stink up your interior on a hot day.  We have some hot days here in CA and I don't want my car to smell like a freshly roofed house.   Maybe I am hard to please after all.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts