Re: [AMC-list] Door panels and Crapets.....

Re: [AMC-list] Door panels and Crapets.....

>" From: A Griffith <arfonrg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>"
>" Two questions-
>"
>" 1) Does anyone know of a source for the door panel backing board?  Only
>" thing I can come up with is 1/4" luan but that is far too thick.
>" poster-board is too flimsy.  Ideas?

There's one fellow who works in an upholstery shop here locally who rebuilds door panels with plexiglas.  When he finishes with them they are cosmetically perfect and weather will never hurt the panels again.  The pressboard in most AMC doors is 1/8", so a plexiglas sheet would be pretty close.

You can also buy grey PVC plastic sheeting in 4'x8' or 8'x8' sizes.

Check in the paneling department of the local Lowe's or Home Depot.  All of their wall paneling is 1/8" and they usually carry one or two varieties that are plastic rather than wood.

-- Marc