[AMC-list] "big nut" axle pinion seal, available on RockAuto?!

[AMC-list] "big nut" axle pinion seal, available on RockAuto?!

More on this part...

The rockauto page for the part says "spicer 53". bca/national 5778. That
appears to be the correct axle type, and if I believe what I read on the
internet (how could it be wrong?) Hudson used the same axle. So far so good.

There's a thread on classiccar.com (
http://www.classiccar.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=62&jfile=showthread.php&t=2498)
Hudson forum where someone chased this down and got a good seal. To save you
the trouble here's a summary:

- anyone know part # for 54 hudson spicer 53
- should be National 5778
- thanks crosses to Advanced Discount #473313....
- ...which doesn't fit. [tomj: WAS THE CROSS-REF WRONG, or CORRECT CROSS-REF
AND WRONG PART?]
- pulled the old seal off axle, part number reads National 14233.
- National 14233 crosses to Motor City S-5775. (Taiwanese-made Federal Mogul
part)
- THAT FITS FINE.

But I can't find any reference to "National 14233" via google (which could
mean anything, or nothing).

And what/who the hell is "Motor City"?

--
All of your arguments are invalid.