[AMC-list] Longest ride yet!

I spent a lot of time the past three weekends fixing up a deck with
rotten supports (all new supports, concrete blocks, replaced some
decking and handrails - it's sturdy!!!). Due to playing Mr. Fixit -
and frankly, from not trusting the Rambler - I missed some cool car
shows.

So today, after patching up a few Carpenter Bee holes and redirecting
a downspout so I want have rain water washing out some supports, I
decided to take a drive. Went up a local 4 lane road (Dallas Highway),
then hung a West on 278 and went to Coot's Lake. A nice stop along the
Silver Comet Trail. A good spot for riding bikes on a local
rails-to-trails pathway.

Made it for a just under 60 mile round trip. Didn't overheat. Didn't
lose significant coolant. Did blow white, grey, black or blue smoke.
No smoke of any kind! But did go through a quart of oil - it came out
from under the valve cover and kept the intake plate nice and lubed.
So - have to take care of that. It's good to know that the car is just
fine for a 60 mile roundtrip, and should be just fine to go further.
It was nice and drove pretty well (front end could use a better
alignment). Next up - off to Rockmart or Cedartown!

When I stopped at Coot's Lake, folks came over to check it out. Lots
of Rambler stories.