Re: [AMC-list] 1965 Ambassador tune-up

welcome to the amc-list. you got one of my favorite cars there. great start
sounds like.

as for tuning it up, good place to start, and pretty easy is replace spark
plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap (the round plastic guy that the
wires go to) the distributor rotor (the plastic guy under that round cap all
the wires go to) and the points. (the little thing that sits under the rotor
and cap and has arm going onto a cam that the rotor sits on) you will want to
find you whats called a TSM. technical service manual. they got pictures so
you know what your lookin at, and tell you pretty dang good what you are
going to need to do to fix something. where are you located?  hope to be of
some help, there are a lot of knoledgeable guys on here. do you have pictures
of your ambo? you can see pictures of my ramblers and such at my link below if
you like. dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules