From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 20:48:58
To: AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] AMC-list Digest, VRe: Cars, Clunkers and Greenup

Even if the dealer gives you $4500 for your "clunker", one must remember
that the minute you drive that brand new car off the dealer lot, it
de-values about $4500. Just try to take it back to the dealer two weeks
later and trade it for another vehicle, he'll tell you it's worth about
$4500 less.
So, in my opinion, its a wash. But you have a new vehicle, and along with
that comes big monthly payments and big insurance premiums, witch is exactly
what the car manufacturers and the government wants...........  go
figure...........
Enjoy that new car.

Armand