[AMC-list] speedo cable adapters

does anyone know of a 90 degree adapter to fit into the speedo gear hole? with
my floor shifter, i cant fit my speedo cable into the hole. it blocks it. i
either need a 90 degree thingy, or to cut a slit in the shifter bracket. i
have already cut a pretty good amount out of the shifter to clear the o/d
solenoid and other things. or maybe anyone knows of another floor shifter
that is more compact than the "daytona truck" shifter i am using? i forget
who makes it, but it is the one thats always on the shelf at autozone,
checker, kragen, shucks, advance, ect. it works fine, but it startin to get a
little sloopy from age and use. i wont mind replacing it if someone knows of a
better one that would clear the speedo hole on the o/d trans. it is in the
same location as the non o/d, just on the bottom of the driven gear. with the
adapter piece between trans and o/d, it pushes the shifter about an inch
rearward, so now i have bad interferance problems. before was only minor, and
things worked ok. dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules