Re: [AMC-list] Anyone have experience selling AMCs on traditional places

Re: [AMC-list] Anyone have experience selling AMCs on traditional places?

You can always put the belts in the American.
AS for safety, 69 was the first full year advent of a redo on the floor pans for increased safety.
I think they changed sometime in 68, you can tell one from the other by looking underneath.
The newer style floorpan has a "frame rail" that runs under the floors front to rear. It misses tieing the unit frames together by inches.

You will get an increase in safety with shoulder belts.  Julianos has a bunch of seatbelt retrofit info on doing it.

Adding headrests is pretty easy once you locate a set. 68-69 Americans had them.
I pointed out the bench seat, because you mentioned your sons back issues and his safety.
Someone that has back issues is usually made uncomfortable trying to stay in place on a flat as a pancake 70s bench seat.
You could find a nice 78 up Concord, spirit, hornet and get contoured seats and good pre airbag safety designs.

Also, go to a full sized classic as you are increasing mass, comfort and safety.

When dealing with Classic cars you have to mull over all the options as you are going to make some safety concessions.
You will also likely be fully aware that you need to be extra careul.

But as Frank S. can attest, that does not always save you from an accident.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.