Re: [AMC-list] Chinese Hummers

At 11:22 AM 6/3/2009, you wrote:
Oh! My bad. Interesting that that ship 'em there for testing and packaging.
Seems a lot of motion for something I thought automated. Maybe the packaging
is messy.

There are still plenty of fabs in the US, but most testing and packaging is done in the far east. Lots of fabs there, too, but not so much for the highest precision stuff.

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 05:06, David Crooks <david.crooks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Minor nit:  Intel does NOT manufacture CPU's in China...  It test's and
> packages them there, but the actual manufacturing of the current 45nm CPU's
> is in Arizona.

Doesn't Motorola have a fab in Albuquerque (NM)?

Motorola got out of the chip business. The power business was spun off as ON Semiconductor, everything else became Freescale Semiconductor.