From: russ hathaway <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] FS: 63 American 2-door wagon, modified, in GA
To: "Rambler Nash Jeep and familyAMC" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2009, 3:54 PM

Mentioning the availability of parts for the Fomoco six. Back in 72, fresh out of HS, me and three buddys took a 61 Econoline down to Mexico. I tossed in my tool box and from Oregon to Mexico, that van broke down four times. Finding parts usually involved walking a short distance to find a "donor" Falcon.
Once we needed a radiator hose and a half exit down I-5 was a dead Falcon.
We never once saw a dead Rambler, as I had tried to talk them into using my 59 Rebel wagon.
"the gas miliage will be better" they all said. A fully loaded Econoline gets crappy miliage, we found out.
That van sat for years after finally dying, and the front axle fit nicely on my Gremlin when I went racin......Russ