[AMC-list] casper update

well, i got the motor and trans in casper this evening. had to take the old
trans out, and get the shifter off of it and onto the new trans, and get the
new trans put onto the motor earlier. i converted to the floor shifter. i
hadnt even THOUGHT about that od solenoid being in the way of the sift
rods... so i had to do a little bending. i MAY end up having to cut my floor
a little more to the rear. the od adapter plate pushes the mounting points
for the shifter about 1" or so rearward. didnt get ANYTHING hooked up on the
motor yet. i got to get some more clearcoat on still. so had to be really
careful not to get the paint dirty. its STARTING to be more like a car again,
instead of pieces. hopefully im getting closer to driving it. im going
NUTS!!!! (well, i already was there if you ask anyone who knows me very well,
im just worse now) gettin depressed seeing everyone else driving their
classics/hotrods and mine is in pieces. i hope it all turns out well. anyway,
pics will be coming soon. having stupid computer issues getting them
transfered. i HATE computers. we dont get along to well. dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules